Thursday, February 19, 2015

Luke 9, 22-25


Jerusalem Bible: 22. He said, 'The Son of man is destined to suffer grievously, to be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes and to be put to death, and to be raised up on the third day.' 23. Then, speaking to all, he said, 'If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross every day and follow me. 24. Anyone who wants to save his life will lose it; but anyone who loses his life for my sake, will save it. 25. What benefit is it to anyone to win the whole world and forfeit or lose his very self? 26. For if anyone is ashamed of me and of my words, of him the Son of man will be ashamed when he comes in his own glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels. 

Comment: Come Holy Spirit, you are my light and my salvation no way in darkness. As Sister Glenda says, if I lose you Sir for nothing  if I gain the whole world. Denying oneself is to let the things of this world, abandoned the Lord and do his will, is to let the music, women and wine by the Lord, is to be integral in this world so corrupt, is able to say how Pablo said, I done live  more because Christ lives in me, also says: for my dying is Christ. In other place Jesus said, is necessary to be born again, for this to be possible we must die to the old man and shoot us goodness and mercy. It is a narrow road that we must sacrifice, endeavor and Jesus together we carry our cross, our situations with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment